About the Conference
Low Emission Development to Achieve Carbon Neutrality and SDGs
:12th International Greenhouse Gas Conference
The International Greenhouse Gas Conference (IGC*) has been hosted every year by the Greenhouse Gas Inventory and Research Center of Korea (GIR) since 2010 to offer a platform where domestic and international experts can gather and share the most recent climate change-related knowledge and issues with the general public from any relevant fields.
* Previously, International Modeling Conference (IMC) '10~'17
This year’s conference will be co-hosted by GIR and the United Nations Office for Sustainable Development (UNOSD) focusing on “Low Emission Development to Achieve Carbon Neutrality and SDGs” as the importance of sustainable and low-carbon development is rising globally, especially due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This event will be held as a side event to the 2021 Seoul P4G Summit – Partnering for Green Growth and the Global Goals 2030 – which is a global initiative to provide a forum for developing concrete public-private partnerships at scale to deliver on the SDGs and the Paris Agreement.
The conference will begin with the launching session of Decade of Action in Korea and the 2nd phase (2021-2030) of UNOSD to raise the awareness on SDGs and the role of UNOSD to achieve SDGs by 2030.
Followed by two conference sessions on ‘Synergies in Joint Implementation of Climate Actions and the SDGs for Recovery’ and ‘Preparing for Carbon Neutrality by 2050’.
The event is expected to provide the followings to the participants from national and sub-national governments, public institutions, non-profit organizations, academia, and businesses:
- Improved understanding of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs, and the Decade of Action.
- Enhanced awareness on the impact of climate change on the achievement and realization of the SDGs and the overall synergies between climate and SDGs from examples and evidence.
- Greater knowledge on the challenges faced by the countries and innovative solutions for greener recovery and carbon neutrality.
Date & Time
28 May 2021, Friday 14:00–18:20 KST (7:00-11:20 CEST)
* Due to COVID-19, the conference will be held virtually.